Check out our latest ad for The Simpsons: Tapped Out! Now available on Google Play!
Download it now for FREE!
First look at Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
I’m glad it didn’t take long to get some screenshots for this 3DS/PS Vita project from Armature Studio. It looks just like how I’d expect a Metroidvania-style Batman game developed by Metroid Prime veterans to look — it’s also a bit Shadow Complex-y, which I’m fine with because I always wanted that title on a handheld.
Game Informer’s current issue (subscription required) has more images and all the details, but here are the basics:
- set in the eponymous Blackgate Penitentiary during a prison riot
- mostly a 2D sidescroller, though you’ll interact with foreground/background elements
- freeflow combat system similar to console games (possibly Shinobi 3D/Spyro: The Eternal Night-esque?)
- scanner-style “detective mode” that pops up an overlay outlining enemies who see or can’t see you, uncovering clues/secrets, and analyzing dangerous situations (remember the first few pages of the “Hush” arc?)
- potential for Metroid-style sequence breaking and fighting bosses in any order
Haven’t heard a single bad thing about this game yet, but we’re a long way from October.
Curious for this title to add to my Vita collection.